Wednesday, January 24, 2007

the Willows

12.30pm, Wednesday, 24 Jan
St Kilda Rd, Melbourne

2 x Chili salt calamari, side order of chips, lemon-lime bitters - $39 for both me and Karima


Yum, yum, yum. Karima reminded me that I haven't blogged about this place yet when we went here for lunch today.

It's my favorite weekday lunch place. They've been closed since last month and I've been waiting ages and ages for them to open. I've already attempted to eat at Willows twice during the time they've been on holiday. But, yey, they're open now.

I love the calamari. Best calamari dish I've had. Anywhere. They used to serve wedges which were amazing but now they've got regular chips instead, which isn't as good.

The food's amazing and the place looks nice as well (it's normally a posh restaurant) and you can choose to eat on the deck or inside. The lunch menu is very affordable.
Highly recommended. I would go back again. And again. And again.

No comments: